COVID-19 Info & Town Updates

Vaccine Information

MDI Hospital has released a Question and Answer document that addresses many of the most common questions about the Covid-19 vaccines. Read it here.

Covid-19 Testing Services

MDI Hospital is offering drive-up testing for COVID-19 at the tented central outpatient access point outside of Cooper Gilmore Health Center at 17 Hancock Street in Bar Harbor. Testing is available by provider referral only, and anyone seeking testing should call their primary care provider’s office or our Coronavirus Call Center 207-801-5900 before visiting the tent. For more information, visit 



CLERK'S OFFICE- call or email    207-244-7204
The Clerks office is processing all transactions in person, however the online renewal system is still available for use.
 Vital Records- call for instructions
 Vehicle/Trailer Registrations- Per the Governor's emergency bill enacted May 27, 2020, a vehicle required to be registered in Maine for which a registration expires or has expired must be registered by 30 days after the end of the declared state of emergency.
For purpose of this section "vehicle" includes without limitation a motor vehicle, all-terrain vehicle, watercraft, snowmobile and trailer, and "registration" includes temporary registrations.
New Registrations Dealer Sale- Per the Governor's Emrgency bill enacted March 18, 2020 all temporary dealer plates that expire during the period of the State of Emergency are deemed extended until 30 days following the termination of the State of Emergency.
New Registrations Private Sale-  On March 23, 2020 the Governor authorized the temporary stay of the requirement to register a vehicle after the transfer of ownership or title.  This will remain in effect for the duration of the State of Emergency.  An official temporary registration letter has been created by the Secretary of State's Office.  You will need to keep in the vehicle with you the Bill of Sale and/or copy of the Title, valid proof of insurance, and the letter provided by the State.
New Registrations Out of State Plates-  If your out of state plates are valid and have not expired we are asking that you ensure that you have quarantined for 14 days before coming to the Town Office to process as a Maine registration.
Inland Fisheries & Wildlife-  All renewals of ATV, Boat, and Snowmobile registrations can be renewed online.  Visit the Town's home page for online renewals.
All New Boat registrations that have a dealer registration are valid past the expiration until the end of the State of Emergeny plus 30 days.
All New Private Sale Boat registrations are now being processed in the Town Office.
As of May 1st all Sportsman MUST have a valid hunting or fishing license.  If you wish to renew online you may.
Dog Licenses-  All new dog tags and dog tag renewals can be processed via in person, fax, mail, or email to the clerk's office.  Please send proof of rabies.
Code Enforement/Plumbing Inspector-  Will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8am-4pm. Please call 244-7204 or email: 
PDF icon MDI Hospital Covid-19 Vaccine FAQ198.66 KB