- Firefighting and training courses (some locally and some in other parts of the state)
- Protective gear, pager, and handheld radio
- The freedom and encouragement to learn and contribute as much as you can
- A Business Meeting on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm. At times in the winter, these meetings are preceded by a supper at 6:00.
- A Training Meeting on the last Wednesday of each month starting with a truck check at 6:30 pm followed by the training.
Prospective new members start with a six month probation period before they are eligible to be voted on as active members. This is a time for learning, getting to know everyone, basic training, and seeing where you fit in. Note that there are many jobs to do on the scene of an emergency, whether it is a fire, an accident, assisting the Southwest Harbor/Tremont Ambulance Service, or checking out a report of a tree on a power line. Not everyone goes into burning buildings! So, come on down...!